Brazil Student Visa
STUDENT: Temporary Visa IV ( VITEM-IV ):
Students at the undergraduate, graduate, post-graduate or technical level. Student Visa (i.e. Vitem-IV) holders are not allowed to engage in any paid activity in Brazil.
Submission to the Embassy or Consulate of two visa application forms per applicant, properly and completely filled in. Note: Every applicant must complete Item 21 of the visa application form, "Comments" (Purpose of Trip). In this section, the applicant must explain precisely what they are going to do while in Brazil. For especially complex trips, the applicant may submit details on an extra sheet of paper, if necessary. Each visa application form must be duly signed by the applicant (and parents must sign the application forms for those under 18 years of age), and must be submitted together with the following documentation:
• Passport with a minimum validity of six months (it must also have at least one blank page available for the visa stamp);
• Two recent 2" x 2" passport-type photo, in color or black and white, front view, full face, light background (snapshots are not accepted);
• Documented proof of enrollment at a Brazilian educational organization;
• Proof of residence within the consular jurisdiction for the past 12 months;
• A person under 18 year of age not traveling with both parents or legal guardian(s) must provide a notarized letter of consent signed by the non-accompanying parent or guardian, together with appropriate payment to facilitate formal authentication by the Consular Service of the notarized letter of consent and, as applicable, the guardianship document (proof of guardianship is required)
• Visa fee payment of US$ 180.00 per visa.
• For a stay of longer than 90 days, recent non-criminal record certificate issued by the Police Department of the applicant's place of residence (this does not for persons less than 18 years of age).
• The requirements listed above should not, in any way, be considered all-inclusive. The Brazilian Consular Office processing the visa reserves the right to apply additional requirements, when they are deemed necessary.
• One's first entry into Brazil must take place within 90 days from the date when the visa was issued.
• This visa is good for multiple entries, for the time of the visa's duration. If necessary, an extension may be obtained with the Federal Police in Brazil, if requested at least 30 days prior to its expiration.
• Visitors planning to stay for more than 90 days must register with the Federal Police in Brazil within 30 days of their first entry into the country (together with the passport, you must submit the original visa application form that will be returned to you by the Consular Service).
Apply for your Brazil Visa
Here's How to Apply:
Select the Visa Type you need to find out more information about how to apply:
Do you need help?
If you need assistance applying for a passport, renewing your current passport or adding passport pages to your passport Passport Visas Express.com can help.